No one knows a garage like Halfords, which is why we want to celebrate the spaces where you spend your time, whether you’re tinkering with a classic car or unwinding after a hard day of work.
So we’re delighted to announce that the Halfords Home Garage of the Year competition is back for its second year!
After a successful launch in 2021, where hundreds of people from across the UK shared what made their home garages stand out from the crowd, we’re on the hunt for more of the nation’s most impressive spaces.
HOW TO ENTER
The Halfords Home Garage of the Year 2022 competition is now closed. The winner will be announced in the coming weeks.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Launched as part of Halfords’ partnership with Team Dynamics (who run the Halfords Racing with Cataclean BTCC team), this annual competition invites people to nominate their home garages for the coveted title of Garage of the Year.
Submissions will be judged by the Halfords Racing with Cataclean professional racing drivers Dan Rowbottom and Gordon Shedden, alongside Halfords expert technicians.
The overall winner will receive a £5,000 cash prize along with a 10-year membership to the Halfords Motoring Club (worth £1,000) and an Ultimate Garage Bundle with £2,000 worth of garage essentials.
Our 2021 winner was Alex Young, who rebuilds classic Fords in his impressive family garage
FAQS AND COMPETITION INFO
The competition closed on 12th July 2022.
The winner of the Home Garage of the Year 2022 competition is expected to be revealed in late July/early August.
Subject to availability, the Halfords Ultimate Garage Bundle will include the following products:
- Halfords Advanced 6 Drawer Tool Cabinet
- Halfords Advanced 6 Drawer Tool Chest
- Halfords Advanced 2 Drawer Tool Trolley
- Halfords Cantilever Tool Box
- Halfords Advanced 2 Tonne Low Profile Trolley Jack
- Halfords Advanced 2 Tonne Ratchet Axle Stands
- Halfords Wheel Chocks
- Hal Adv 31Pc 3/8″ Socket Set Modular Tray
- Hal Adv 12Pc Combi Spanner Modular Tray
- Hal Adv 10Pc Screwdriver Set Modular Tray
- Hal Adv 7Pc T Handle Torx Set Modular Tray
- Hal Adv 7Pc T Handle Hex Set Modular Tray
- Halfords 275kg Shelving Unit
- Halfords 36L Heavy Duty Box & Lid
- Halfords 45L Heavy Duty Box & Lid
- Halfords 46cm Toolbox & lid with Metal Handle
- Halfords Engine Oil 5L
- Halfords Engine Oil 2L
- Halfords-10c Ready Mixed Screenwash 5l
- Halfords Silicone Spray 500ml
- Halfords Spray Grease 500ml
- Halfords Elec Contact Cleaner 500ml
- Halfords Eng & Parts Degrease 500L
- Halfords Release Spray 500ml
- Halfords 10L Bucket
- Halfords Microfibre Cloths 5 Pack
- Halfords Allloy Wheel Brush
- Halfords Dash Cam and Trim Cleaner
- Halfords Car Wash & Wax 1 Litre
- Halfords Wet Look Tyre Dressing
- Halfords Advanced 100 piece socket set
The winner of the Halfords Home Garage of the Year 2022 competition will receive a 10-year Premium membership to the Halfords Motoring Club.
Premium membership includes exclusive member pricing on all motoring products and services online and across Halfords stores, garages and Halfords Mobile Experts, as well as a variety of other benefits designed to keep you moving, safe and saving.
You can find out more about the Halfords Motoring Club here: https://www.halfords.com/motoring-club.html
- This Competition (the “Competition”) is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom (excludes ROI), including employees, and their immediate families, of Halfords Limited, their associated companies, agents, agencies, and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition. The Competition is open between 00:00am on 25th May 2022 and 11:59pm on 12th July 2022 (the “Competition Period”).
- The Competition is organised by Halfords Limited of Icknield Street Drive, Washford West, Redditch, Worcestershire B98 0DE (“Halfords”).
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation. In particular, personal data will only be used to administer this Competition, unless consent is provided otherwise.
- In order to be eligible for this Competition, customers must submit:
- between one (1) and three (3) images of their residential garage sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with their first and last name as the email subject;
- a statement of up to 250 words saying why their residential garage should win the Competition (together, the “Application”).
- One (1) Application is permitted per person.
- All entries must be received by Halfords before the end of the Competition Period. Incomplete, illegal, late or ineligible entries will not be accepted. Halfords takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost.
- All Applications will be reviewed and judged by Halfords, in its sole discretion, on the basis of the quality of the Application. Five (5) Applications will then be shortlisted (the “Shortlist”).
- Applications on the Shortlist will then be required to submit a short video of up to thirty (30) seconds in length of their garage.
- Shortlisted garages must consent to photography organised by Halfords
- Halfords will select one (1) winner and two (2) runners up from the Shortlist. Halfords’ decision will be final in all respects and not subject to dispute.
- The overall winner will receive a prize of £5,000 cash, a Halfords Ultimate Garage Bundle (Halfords Advanced 6 Drawer Tool Cabinet, Halfords Advanced 6 Drawer Tool Chest, Halfords Advanced 2 Drawer Tool Trolley, Halfords Cantilever Tool Box, Halfords Advanced 2 Tonne Low Profile Trolley Jack, Halfords Advanced 2 Tonne Ratchet Axle Stands, Halfords Wheel Chocks, Hal Adv 31Pc 3/8″ Socket Set Modular Tray, Hal Adv 12Pc Combi Spanner Modular Tray, Hal Adv 10Pc Screwdriver Set Modular Tray, Hal Adv 7Pc T Handle Torx Set Modular Tray, Hal Adv 7Pc T Handle Hex Set Modular Tray, Halfords 275kg Shelving Unit, Halfords 36L Heavy Duty Box & Lid, Halfords 45L Heavy Duty Box & Lid, Halfords 46cm Toolbox & lid with Metal Handle, Halfords Engine Oil 5L, Halfords Engine Oil 2L, Halfords-10c Ready Mixed Screenwash 5l, Halfords Silicone Spray 500ml, Halfords Spray Grease 500ml, Halfords Elec Contact Cleaner 500ml, Halfords Eng & Parts Degrease 500L, Halfords Release Spray 500ml, Halfords 10L Bucket, Halfords Microfibre Cloths 5 Pack, Halfords Allloy Wheel Brush, Halfords Dash Cam and Trim Cleaner, Halfords Car Wash & Wax 1 Litre, Halfords Wet Look Tyre Dressing, Halfords Advanced 100 piece socket set) and a (ten) 10 year membership to Halfords Motoring Club (the “Main Prize”).
- The runners up will receive a £250 Halfords gift voucher to be spent online or in-store (the “Runners Up Prize”).
- Halfords will notify the winners of the Main Prize and Runners Up Prize within (fourteen) 14 days of the Competition ending via email. Each winner will then have (forty-eight) 48 hours to claim the Main Prize and Consolation Prize. After this time, Halfords reserve the right to select a new winner from the Shortlist.
- The prizes will be delivered to the Competition winners within one (1) month following the Competition response to the Halfords.
- The Competition winners agree to participate in publicity resulting from the Competition of requested to do so by Halfords and/or its racing partner Team Dynamics. Halfords reserves the right to use the details of the winner in any publicity. Following the Competition, details of the Competition winners may be published on Halfords’ social media channels, including pages relating to Halfords. You represent and warrant that you either own, or have the necessary licenses in, all content that you provide to us, and that Halfords is able to use and publish such content, including your social media user name(s) on its social media platforms and in marketing campaigns.
- The Competition winners consent to Halfords producing photography and video content for use on their Social Media Channels.
- To obtain the name and county of the winner, please send a stamped SAE to Halfords.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Halfords and accordingly Halfords may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Halfords as a result thereof. Any such variation or amendment will be notified at the point of entry for the Competition.
- Any expenses incurred by the Competition winner in the general use and/or enjoyment of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the Competition Neither Halfords nor agencies involved in this Competition may be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating to the Competition. Halfords cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Nothing shall exclude Halfords’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.