1. This Competition (the “Competition”) is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, including employees, and their immediate families, of Halfords Limited, their associated companies, agents, agencies, and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition. The Competition is open between 00:01am on 30th September 2021 and 11:59pm on 1st October 2021 (the “Competition Period”).
2. The Competition is organised by Halfords Limited of Icknield Street Drive, Washford West, Redditch, Worcestershire B98 0DE, company number 103161 (“Halfords”).
3. Entry into the Competition is online via social media. Halfords will make a post on Twitter advertising the competition (the “Post”). Participants must:
a. follow Halfords_uk; and;
b. Retweet the Post; and;
c. respond with a tool emoji in the comment section of the Post.
4. By entering into the Competition, participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decision of Halfords in relation to all matters relating to the Competition, whose decision shall be final. The instructions provided in the Post form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
6. All entries must be received by Halfords by way of compliance with clause 3 above within the Competition Period. Incomplete, illegal, late or incorrect entries will not be accepted. Halfords takes no responsibility for entries which are delayed, incomplete or lost.
7. Halfords reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Halfords may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until Halfords is satisfied with the verification. Halfords reserves the right to disqualify entrants from the Competition if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the Competition, including but not limited to instances where voting for an entrant’s submission has been paid for or otherwise incentivised in any other way either by that entrant or on their behalf.
9. Only one entry is permitted per person.
10. Within 7 days of the end of the Competition Period, there will be one (1) winner drawn at random by an independent person from all eligible entries.
11. In total there is 1 prize. The prize is two VIP tickets to attend a Caterham Motorsport event on Saturday 9th October at Snetterton circuit (the “Prize”). The selected winner (the “Winner”) will receive the Prize.
12. Halfords will notify the Winner within 7 days of the end of the Competition Period by way of responding to the winner’s comment on the post and quote retweeting them. Halfords may also or in the alternative message the winner directly via Twitter direct message.
13. The Winner will have 48 hours from the time of being notified (the “Notice Period”) to respond to Halfords and provide their email address.
14. If the Winner has not responded to Halfords and provided a functioning email address within the Notice Period, Halfords reserves the right to re-draw the Competition without further notice to the initial Winner.
15. The Prize will be delivered to the Winner before Friday 8th October 2021. Once the Winner has provided their details, an e-ticket voucher will be sent to the Winner from Halfords via email.
16. The Winner agrees to participate in publicity resulting from the Competition if requested to do so by Halfords and Halfords reserves the right to use the details of the Winner in any publicity. Following the Competition, details of the Winner may be published on Halfords’ social media channels. You represent and warrant that you either own, or have the necessary licenses in, all content that you provide to us, and that Halfords is able to use and publish such content, including your social media user name(s) on its social media platforms and in marketing campaigns.
17. The Winner consents to Halfords producing photography and video content for use on their Social Media Channels.
18. At Halfords’ sole discretion elements of the Prize may be exchangeable with other, similar products of a similar value due to circumstances beyond Halfords’ reasonable control. Save for the above, no cash or other alternative will be offered in the event that the Winner is unable to claim the Prize for any reason.
19. To obtain the name and county of the Winner, please send a stamped SAE to Halfords.
20. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Halfords and accordingly Halfords may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Halfords as a result thereof. Any such variation or amendment will be notified at the point of entry for the Competition.
21. Any expenses incurred by the Winner in the general use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Neither Halfords nor agencies involved in this Competition may be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating to the Competition. Halfords cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Nothing shall exclude Halfords’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
22. The Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
23. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.