During lockdown, there was a big rise in the number of people spending time in their garages. This led us to wonder, who has the best garage in the UK? We launched the Halfords Garage of the Year competition to find out.
The Halfords Garage of the Year competition celebrates garages that stand out from the crowd.
Launched in June as part of Halfords’ partnership with Team Dynamics (who run the Halfords Racing with Cataclean BTCC team), the competition gave people the chance to win an amazing prize:
- £5,000 in cash
- A Halfords Ultimate Garage Bundle (including Halfords Advanced tools, tool storage solutions and products worth £2,000)
- A new set of tyres (fitted for free courtesy of Halfords Mobile Expert)
- A BlackVue dash cam (fitted for free courtesy of Halfords Mobile Expert)
All applicants needed to do was explain why they thought their garage was the best and submit some photos that captured the features and quirks that made their garage so outstanding.
We received hundreds of entries from garages across the UK, ranging in style from Bond villain hideouts to American retro retreats. The judges at Halfords and Team Dynamics then faced the tricky task of narrowing the entries down to the very best of the best.
After much discussion and debate, a shortlist of 20 of the most impressive garages has now been produced. Here are just a handful of those that made it on to the list:
Edward Beech (Herefordshire)
who quit his job at the beginning of the pandemic, bought an ’89 V8 Discovery 1 and has spent the past six months restoring it.
Kurt Bramfitt (Heywood)
who finally finished a seven-year journey to create his dream garage.
Nigel Brunt (Hatfield)
who has spent his whole life collecting cars and bikes and now has the ‘ultimate garage and leisure cave’.
Tony Knell (Ashingdon)
who uses his spare time to keep his garage in top shape for charity events and fundraisers.
Michelle Reading (Higham Ferrers)
whose garage renovations were a life-saver and helped keep her and her partner going when lockdown struck.
The overall winner will be chosen by Halfords Racing with Cataclean drivers Dan Rowbottom and Gordon Shedden. We look forward to announcing that winner in the coming weeks.
FAQS AND COMPETITION INFO
The competition closed on 31st July 2021.
A shortlist of the top 20 has now been announced. Dan Rowbottom and Gordon Shedden will be picking their overall winner in the coming weeks.
Subject to availability, the garage bundle will include a range of products such as a full set of Halfords Advanced tools as well as a cabinet, chest and trolley to store them in.
The bundle will also include other top motoring products from Halfords including a trolley jack, axle stands, car cleaning products and engine care products, a range of Autoglym products and a Nilfisk Core 125 pressure washer.
- This Competition (the “Competition”) is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, including employees, and their immediate families, of Halfords Limited, their associated companies, agents, agencies, and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition. The Competition is open between 00:00am on 7th June 2021 and 11:59pm on 31 July 2021 (the “Competition Period”).
- The Competition is organised by Halfords Limited of Icknield Street Drive, Washford West, Redditch, Worcestershire B98 0DE (“Halfords”).
- Any personal data relating to customers will be used wholly in accordance with current UK data protection legislation. In particular, personal data will only be used to administer this Competition, unless consent is provided otherwise.
- In order to be eligible for this Competition, customers must submit:
- between one (1) and three (3) images of their garage sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with their Full Name as the email subject;
- a statement of up to 250 words saying why their garage should win the Competition (together, the “Application”).
- One (1) Application is permitted per person.
- All Applications will be reviewed and judged by Halfords, in its sole discretion, on the basis of the quality of the Application. Twenty (20) Applications will then be shortlisted (the “Shortlist”).
- Applications on the Shortlist will then be required to submit a short video of up to thirty (30) seconds in length of their garage.
- Halfords will select one (1) winner and two (2) runners up from the Shortlist. Halfords’ decision will be final in all respects and not subject to dispute
- The overall winner will receive a prize of £5,000 cash, a Halfords Ultimate Garage Bundle (exact contents at all times subject to availability), a new set of tyres and a BlackVue Dash Cam fitted by Halfords Mobile Expert (the “Main Prize”).
- The runners up will receive a £250 Halfords gift voucher to be spent online or in-store and a BlackVue Dash Cam fitted by Halfords Mobile Expert (the “Consolation Prize”).
- Halfords will notify the winners of the Main Prize and Consolation Prize within 14 days of the Competition ending via email. Each winner will then have 48 hours to claim the Main Prize and Consolation Prize. After this time, Halfords reserve the right to select a new winner from the Shortlist.
- By participating in this competition, all customers are deemed to consent to appear in future publicity materials or other promotional events and activities related to the Competition as organised by Halfords and their racing partner, Team Dynamics.